More Progress & The Liebster Award
This is first and foremost a painting blog, so here is this week’s painting update. Try as I might, I just couldn’t get this painting finished. Life has been busy lately and I haven’t had very much time to paint this week. It’s so close! I expect to finish this week.
Read more about this painting:
I was nominated for a Liebster Award by April Tulip over at Still Life with Children. I’m honored that my blog was thought worthy to be chosen and it’s my pleasure to pass the honor along.
I’m still pretty new to blogging so I had to dig around to discover what the Liebster Award was about. It was pretty difficult considering my auto-correct kept correcting it to Lobster Award. Damn auto-correct! Anyway, it’s essentially a way to connect with and showcase smaller blogs while building up the small blog community. I dig it. More information can be found here.
My 11 Nominees:
11 Questions to My Nominees:
- Why did you start your blog?
- Who or what has most inspired your life and why?
- What strength in others do you most admire?
- How did you decide on the name of your blog?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- What is the most annoying thing about blogging?
- If you could live anywhere, where would you choose?
- What is your favorite outdoor activity?
- Name a blogger you admire and why (link)
- What do you hope to accomplish through your blog?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
11 Facts about me:
- I’ve recently discovered the joy of audiobooks.
- Hiking is my favorite and really only form of exercise.
- I have a little backyard farm that includes a large garden, chickens, turkeys, rabbits, 2 cats, and a dog.
- I’m a shy, quiet person.
- I’ve only sold 3 paintings. Ever. To my mother-in-law. I would like to change that.
- I haven’t had a real job in almost 7 years. My husband’s job has him working crazy, random hours and we like to spend time together so it works really well for us.
- I’ve seen almost the entire west coast of the US. If I had explored more of Alaska I could say I’ve seen it all, but I’ve only seen from Kodiak to San Diego.
- I’ve never been further east than Denver, Colorado.
- I love to explore new places.
- I’m more of a dog person than a cat person.
- I love maps. I spend more time than I should looking at them.
11 Questions from Apriltulip:
- Who has most inspired you in your life and why? – My husband is my biggest inspiration because he inspires, motivates, and demands that I be myself while simultaneously pushing myself to be more.
- Favorite place you have ever travelled to? – Alaska, but that might change after my upcoming Hawaii vacation.
- Place you would most like to travel to and why? I would love to go explore Europe because I love all of the architecture.
- What is your favorite book and why does it speak to you? I’m a book addict, this question shouldn’t be so hard. I have a group of books that I’ve read numerous times and will continue to read again and again. I can’t pick just one because I love them all. I love them for their adventure, hardships, love, imagination, and just great story. In no particular order: Outlander series (but especially Voyager) – Diana Gabaldon, The Dark Tower series (but especially Wizard and Glass) – Stephen King, Timeline – Michael Crichton, A Song of Ice and Fire – George R.R. Martin, Les Liaisons Dangereuses – Choderlos de Laclos, The Passion and The Promise – Donna Boyd.
- Do you have a hidden talent? If I told you it wouldn’t be hidden anymore. 😉 Kidding. I don’t have any hidden talents.
- What is your best character trait? I think creativity is my best character trait. It positively impacts all areas of my life.
- What strength in others do you most admire? Adventurousness. I love seeing people go out and do what they want. People that do what it takes to make their adventures happen. It’s also what I aspire to do in my own life.
- If you could meet anyone from history who would you choose and why? I wouldn’t meet anyone. I most prefer to admire people as I think of them and not taint my perception with reality. Reality can be so disappointing. Besides, I’m really not a people person.
- What is the best advice you ever received? Let it go. I spent most of my life freaking out about the small stuff and once I let go of that need to control and worry my life improved dramatically.
- Favorite meal and who you’d most like to share it with? Sushi with my husband. My favorite food with my favorite person. What could be better?
- What inspired you to start your blog? The need to hold myself accountable for my desire to be a better, more productive artist. I need deadlines.
- Thank the blog that nominated you and link back to them.
- Make a blog post telling 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions from the blog that nominated you.
- Prepare 11 questions for those you will nominate.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers by commenting on one of their blog posts. (I couldn’t always tell how many followers a blog had so I winged it a little. Some rules say less than 3000, so the numbers are somewhat arbitrary anyway. Same with the number of questions, nominees, and facts.)