Sometimes the original plan for a painting doesn’t work out. For instance, on this painting there was a chunk of onion skin on the right hand side. I was a little over half done with it before I realized that the source of my dissatisfaction with the painting had everything to do with that bit of skin. I painted it out and just like that the painting worked. To see this painting’s progression and the difference taking that skin out really made, check out my Instagram account.
This painting is available for sale in my Etsy shop.
It has been a while, but I finally pulled out my watercolors again. We went camping over the weekend and I found some pretty wildflowers to paint. I’m still learning how to effectively use watercolors and almost never practice, so the going is slow, but I do really like some of the paintings I produced. The landscape however, didn’t turn out to my liking. Maybe if I had spent more time on it, it might have turned out but oh well. I think I’m going to stick with single subjects for now.